Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rewind: Top Songs of 1967


The plan, in advance of a December post on the top 100 of 2012, was to publish the top 10 songs of every five year increment from 1962 to the present . That implies ten lists. Since it is currently late August, I should be posting about Radiohead and Dr Dre. by now with seven posts behind me. Instead I've got 1962 behind me and that's it.

So let's get on with it...

Top 10 Songs of 1967
  1. "I'm Waiting For My Man" / Velvet Underground / Velvet Underground and Nico
    "Hey white boy / what you doing uptown?"
  2. "Underdog" / Sly & the Family Stone / A Whole New Thing "...and you've got to be twice as good" 
  3. "Daydream Believer" / The Monkees / The Birds, The Bees and The Monkees
    "The shaving razor's cold / and it stings"
  4. "I Second That Emotion" / Smokey Robinson / single
    "And a taste of honey's worse than none at all"
  5. "Respect" / Aretha Franklin / I've Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You "Give me my propers / when you get home"
  6. "Sweet Soul Music" / Arthur Conley / Sweet Soul Music
    "He's the king of them all, yeah"
  7. "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher" / Jackie Wilson / Higher and Higher
    "But then you / came and he soon departed / and he never showed his face again"
  8. "Ooh Carla, Ooh Otis" / Otis Redding & Carla Thomas / King & Queen
    "Just your touch / sets my soul on fire"
  9. "For What It's Worth" / Buffalo Springfield / Buffalo Springfield
    "Nobody's right / if everybody's wrong"
  10. "Ruby Tuesday" / The Rolling Stones / Between the Buttons
    "Still I'm going to miss you"

1967 by David Scott on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment